Friday 7 July 2017

What I think about instagram pods?

Instagram pods are something that have been around for quite a while now, I've known about them for at least a year and I am currently in 4 or 5. There are 3 which are blogger related (they include all bloggers), one pod that is mixed between bloggers and 'normal' Instagram users and then one has all usual Instagram users in. It's strange to think that something that once got made purely for bloggers, has spread out onto regular Instagram users. Normally, the pods will originate from twitter, someone will put a tweet out and you'll usually leave your Instagram @ in a reply to it and they'll add you in.

If you didn't know what an Instagram pod is, it's basically a group where (someone makes it) you and other people promote their Instagram photos. These originated due to the fact that Instagram updated and changed how everyone's feeds work, they now work where things that 'you want to see/what they think you want to see' are now at the top of your feed and the most popular, compared to how it used to be where the most recent would be at the top. I hate the current algorithm and wish Instagram would fix it but I doubt that's happening anytime soon, I wish it would go back to how it used to be. People tend to get less interaction and engagement from their followers because at the moment, all you tend to see is the same five posts again and again, well.... unless you fancy scrolling like half an hour down your feed to find everyone else's posts.

Anyway, enough of me rambling about what an Instagram pod is and time to explain my views. I like Instagram pods and honestly can't get enough of them because 1) you get to find new and more people that are into the same things you are 2) you get more engagement due to the fact, you like/comment on their posts and they like/comment on yours so more people in the long term will see your photo. The Instagram pods even out the engagement I would normally lose from my other followers which is why I like them so much. As I am saying I like Instagram pods, that's not me saying I want Instagram to stay this way, I would much rather it change back.

So that's what I think about Instagram pods, let me know your thoughts of it down below in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment