Sunday 14 May 2017

Is my everyday makeup expensive?

This blog post is something I have seen on a few people's blogs, infact I ended up reading one throughout the week as it ended up on my twitter timeline. I enjoyed it because I enjoy seeing the makeup that other people use on a day to day basis so I thought I would join on the bandwagon and write this post too.

The typical posts that I have seen involve high end makeup products but for me it's a whole opposite story because I only use drugstore. This is down to the fact that I don't justify spending like £40 on an eyeshadow palette or around £50 just for a foundation. In my eyes drugstore makeup can be the same or sometimes better than high-end makeup, I bet some people would find that hard to believe.

Firstly I start with my face so I use a primer which is the miss sporty insta glow primer, I bought this because it's something that Gabriella (velvetgh0st) raved about once and I haven't looked back, it does the job. It is currently on offer at Superdrug for £2.99 however it's normally £3.49. I bought it when Superdrug were having an offer for 3 miss sporty products for £5.

Secondly, I don't wear foundation, that's mainly down to the fact that I could never find a shade that'd match my skin tone. So the next thing I move onto after primer is concealer, for this I used to use the Collection lasting perfection concealer (£4.19 from Superdrug). I used to swear by it, but then I managed to get paler. That's probably down to the fact I bought that concealer when it was summer last year and back then it was talked up about by everyone. I use the Seventeen stay time concealer (£4.49 from Boots) which Eve Bennett recommended (she's a good youtuber go check her out) because this concealer is in extra fair which I love. It doesn't have much coverage to me, I use it for brightening my under eyes. Then to set that I use the Rimmel London stay matte powder in shade 'transparent'. The stay matte powder is £3.99 from Boots.

After that I move onto mascara. Mascara for me is my favourite part of makeup (apart from lip products) but that isn't because I'm great at mascara because I am definitely not. It's because I 'collect' mascara, its the one makeup item that I have so many of, its a habit. I hardly use most of them to be honest. Anyway back to the actual post, I use the benefit roller lash (currently still the sample size until I can justify spending about £19 on a mascara) for both my upper and lower lashes, however I then go over as a second lair with the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara (in the waterproof version) (£8.99 from Superdrug) as it makes them more bold. I wouldn't just use the Maybelline mascara alone as it would clump my lashes up like hell.

Next I brush through my eyebrows with a clear gel which is the Rimmel Brow this way (£3.99 Superdrug) mainly because I like to keep them natural. Also (just between you and me) I couldn't fill in my eyebrows right to save my life.

Lastly I would normally (if I was basing this on a day to college or a normal day) use my Maybelline dr rescue lip balm (I think I bought this from Morrisons and was like £4) and that would be it. Though, sometimes I do like to use one of The Body Shops's liquid matte lipsticks (which I highly recommend by the way). The Body Shop's liquid matte lipsticks are £6, however I got all three of mine back before or after Christmas when they had a 20% or 30% off on everything.

That is it, so my everyday set of makeup (which I guess for most people would be the basics or necessities) is £34 (that's with everything rounded up to a full number with no decimals).

No comments:

Post a Comment