1) My first back to school life hack is for you to make a playlist to get ready to. The idea is that it lasts so long as in a certain amount of time so then you know when a certain song is on, you know how long you have left. When the playlist is finished, that's when you know you have to be either out of the door or ready to leave. This life hack will not only help with your timing but also would tend to motivate you to get ready.
2) Do you set an alarm for the morning to wake up? Because if so a simple but good hack is for you to put your phone away from your bed or bedside table, so that way you'll have to get up in order to turn it off/stop the alarm. By this time you should be awake enough so you're not tempted to get back into bed.
3) Another simple hack yet time saving for the morning is to organise the certain books you need for the next day on the night before. This also could work with school makeup because then, they are out of the way and you can easily go to that place in the morning to get them so you're not rushing through your makeup collection in order to find what you need or the place you keep your school exercise books.
4) Are you struggling to write an essay or paper? Well here is two life hacks to help with this problem you may be struggling with.
- If you are printing it out then go through the punctuation so full stops, commas, etc, and make them a size bigger than the writing because it wont look different but it'll make a difference to the length of your essay.
- On the other hand if you are emailing it to your teacher then this life hack is for you. Teachers tend to look at the word count when marking it so you take a bit of space from the bottom and write some random (but appropriate) words but make the colour for them white, this way your teacher wont see it but it will increase your word count. You're welcome.
5) If you are aloud your phones and as it is the start of the new school year, everyone tends to get a new timetable with maybe new rooms on or new classes especially if you're going into year 11. So because of this reason, you wouldn't really know your timetable off by heart, so don't worry I have you covered. Just take a photo of your timetable and set it as your lockscreen or background (whichever you prefer) then when you check your phone, you're actually just checking what room you're in next without looking lost because trust me I have been there.
6) Always losing pens and pencils or don't have a place to store them? If this describes you then this life hack is for you. Put them into a empty water bottle, that way they're easy to get to & find therefore you definitely will not lose them.
7) I have always been the type of person to be late to my first classes in the morning, a trick to help you if you tend to be the same type of person as me. Set your alarm clock or phone to fifteen minutes ahead, that way you will never be late, instead you will be early. I love this hack because it tends to be one that people will overthink but it is actually so helpful.
8) Instead of using the normal google search engine for your homework or just general school related things then use google scholar as this narrows the amount of searches down and brings up relevant things to your search.
9) This tip is for you girls out there. Almost every girl always seems to lose bobby pins but we never ever know where they get to, right?!? But then when it comes to PE, you don't have any because they're either all at the bottom of your bag or you just somehow managed to lose them. Yeah I understand your struggles. So a life hack from me for this is to get an empty tictac container and put them in there! As tictac containers seem to be the perfect size to keep them in. This way they're safe and secure but you can also take one out when you need.
10) Everyone has them times where you try cramming everything in when revising for a test to then come to the test and remember nothing because you was rushing. Here is a handy tip to help this problem, a life hack for this is get a new flavour of chewing gum and chew a piece when revising then when it comes to the test, chew that same flavour of gum. This is scientifically proven that you'll remember more of what you learnt. This life hack was a saviour when I was in high school.
So that is the end of my top 10 back to school life hacks, I hope these will help you in one way or another and that you'll find them handy. Hope you enjoyed.